Whenever "The Goonies" comes on again I always wonder - what if Thanos had snapped his fingers in 1985 instead of in the 2010s. He was right there in Astoria. Tony Stark was still at MIT. Boy genius or not he was clearly not yet ready to put everything together to fight the Mad Titan. Thanos wasted his chance on the Fratellis.
I need to add one more to my [perfect movie] list: "Midnight Run" (1988). I don't think I had seen it before until now. It holds up well, it is very quotable, shot and edited really well. You can understand how this guy made "Beverly Hills Cop" four years earlier. I do think the secret of this (and BHC) is character. These characters are really well written and played. Charles Grodin is giving a master class in playing down beat against DeNiro's comedic version of "Taxi Driver". Yaphet Kotto looks like he is going to have an aneurysm - and Dennis Farina is truly a scary Chicago mobster. Added bonus - Danny Elfman soundtrack.
Comments
Post a Comment